Motorcycle clothing can literally be a life saver. Whether it’s made of leather, Cordura, other polyester materials or lined with man-made fibers like Kevlar and Dyneema, the tough fabrics will protect your skin from abrasion should you end up sliding down the road. Most motorcycle clothing items are equipped with shock absorbing protectors on the knees, hips, shoulders and elbows.
All types of motorcycle clothing
We from ChromeBurner strive to give everybody the chance to find the piece of gear you’ll need! If that’s a full leather racing suit for your Supersport or a hoodie that you can wear when cruising on your custom Bobber.. We got you!
- Base and mid layers: Feeling comfy on a motorcycle is more important than you would think! You need to have your focus on the road and not have your focus on yout jacket that lets cold wind come in from underneath… A thermal base layer can help with that! It helps to keep your body warmth close to you. A full body base layer helps you to put on your leather racing suit easily and helps you to keep your body cool in hot weather. A bit peculiar but awesome product are the kevlar mid layers! This replaces your motorcycle clothing that you’re used to. The kevlar layers make sure your skin doesn’t abrase when sliding down the tarmac. Wearing the kevlar is comfortable and your can wear your normal clothing over it, so nobody will see you just came of your motorcycle.
- Hoodies & Shirts: The look of motorcycle riders changed over the years. A Long, long time ago when people rode on dinosaurs... No, that’s too far back. Just a couple of years ago, there wasn’t much motorcycle clothing to choose from. There was just leather, ugly fabric jackets or riding with unprotected clothing on your bike. Nowaday we’ve even got hoodies with protection in it and we love it! It’s looks just like normal clothing but made from strong fabrics like kevlar and equipped with protector on the shoulders and elbows. These hoodies and jackets are mainly used during summertimes, because air can blow right through.
- Motorcycle jackets: Motorcycle jackets come in different materials, lengths, styles you name it. What jacket to choose depends on your needs. Are you a touring rider that wants to challenge the elements with a water resistant jacket, or do you ride a naked bike and want a sportive jacket? Do you like leather jackets or is textile motorcycle clothing what you prefer?
- Motorcycle pants: Same goes for motorcycle pants: It all depends on what you’re going to use it for and what you like. There are three different kinds of material: leather, textile and kevlar jeans. Leather motorcycle pants are mostly used by riders who have a sporty style of driving. Textile pants are often used by touring riders where they have the desire to have water resistant clothing and riding through tough weather. Kevlar motorcycle jeans are used by people who want to be protected in case of sliding, but still want to look as casual as possible.
- Rain gear: Motorcycle rain gear keeps you dry through the toughest of storms. Going on a trip to a wet destination? Be prepared and bring your rain gear! There are full rain suits and separate products. Visit the product page to find out what you are looking for!
- Motorcycle suits: For maximum protection on track and street a full, only a full leather suit will do! It forms a second skin around your body and protects you from abrasion and impact. There are two types of suits: the 1 piece and 2 piece suit. The difference between them? A zipper on waist height that connects the upper piece of the suit to the bottom one. Keep in mind that when you buy a suit for racing, a one piece suit will protect you better in case of falling!
Every season is a motorcycle clothing season!
Wearing comfy, warm and waterproof motorcycle clothing will make sense to every rider if the weather outside is frightful (pun intended). There’s plenty of all-season gear to go around! But nowadays, hot summer days are no longer an excuse to not wear the proper gear. Check out our selection of summer jackets and pants. With ventilation zippers, mesh panels and perforated areas, tonnes of air will be flowing to keep you cool. In case of a sudden downpour, just throw over some rain gear to keep you dry and you’re all set!
All sort of motorcycle clothing materials
Materials. Boy, where do we start… First there is leather. Years and years motorcycle riders use leather and not for no reason. It combines everything you want for motorcycle riding: comfort: as is shapes to your body and doesn’t flutter on high speeds and of course safety: it’s thick so it prevents abrasion of the skin and absorbs impact.
Motorcycle clothing not made from leather is made from textile. There are lots of options to choose from, but the main options are Water resistant and summer jackets. To conquer the most miserable weather conditions you’ll definitely need a waterproof jacket. If you want to use one jacket for all the four season you can take a look at all season jackets. These have multiple removable layers within the jacket, so you can adapt to any type of weather.
The other option is kevlar. Kevlar is one of the strongest synthetic fabrics available! It’s used for motorcycle jackets and motorcycle hoodies, motorcycle jeans and kevlar base layers that you can use under your normal casual clothes.
What to look for when you want to buy motorcycle clothing?
The most important thing is comfort! Make sure it feels nice to wear it and the protection is covering the parts of your body that it should protect. The only exception on this rule is: Leather. Leather motorcycle jackets and pants have to sit tight around you body. Leather fill stretch a bit while you wear it, so when buying it should be even a bit uncomfortable. Also a racing suit is made to be comfortable in a bend position, so try your new suit on a motorcycle! Remember to leave a little bit of room on your back, so a back protector can be put in the suit.
We're here to help!
At ChromeBurner we believe in the importance of getting the right motorcycle clothing. Every rider is different and so are their needs. Using the filters on our website you should be able to get a nice selection of gear just for you. If you need any help choosing the right piece of motorcycle clothing, do not hesitate to contact our customer care team at +31 73 200 80 20 or [email protected]!